A canvas print is a great way to bring art into your home or office. It can be used to brighten up a room, create a focal point, or add color.
The benefits of buying a canvas print are endless. It is a great way to show off your personality and style. Plus, it will make you feel proud to have something that you worked hard on on display in your home or office.
Canvas prints are made using high-quality materials and they come in many different sizes, shapes, and colors. You can get a canvas print that is perfect for any room in your home or office!
The Benefits of Buying a Canvas Print:
- Canvas prints are more durable than other types of prints
- They are easier to clean and maintain
- They come in a wide range of styles, sizes and prices
Whether you want to decorate a large wall going up your stairway, the blank space above your couch or the empty wall in the bedroom, you’ll want the size of your art to be just right for the room. I know, rules are sometimes meant to be broken, but when it comes to sizing these rules serve as a great tool to get you on the right track.
- The Room – When picking art for any room BIGGER IS BETTER! Take into account the amount of furniture that you have in a room, if it is sparse, then a large piece of artwork will fill up the visual field as furniture might. Think about your ceilings: are they high, voluminous, vaulted ceilings allowing for a grand painting, or low -where a shorter canvas height with landscape orientation might work best? Just remember – to be on the safe side, GO BIG! This is especially true if buying modern, contemporary art, bigger is definitely better to maximize the statement.
- The Wall – Well, of course, you will consider the wall, and you will probably measure it once or twice, but then what? You need to think about two things here – of course there is the overall dimensions of the wall, but then you also need to think about the orientation. Tall, narrow walls will work best with art of a similar shape, created in a portrait, or vertical orientation, while horizontal wall spaces (often found over sofas, in a hallway) work best with landscape-oriented artwork. In looking at the overall wall space dimensions your artwork should take up two-thirds to three-fourths of the wall.
- Over Furniture or Mantels – Here is the rule of thumb when hanging over furniture like a sofa, table, fireplace mantle, etc.: The art should be three-fourths the width of the furniture and hung 15cm – 30cm above the top. It is that easy! Of course it doesn’t need to be exact, sometimes an off-center piece brings wonderful visual interest to a wall, but when in doubt, fall back on that rule!
- Gallery Walls – Gallery walls are a fun, eye-catching way to fill a large space when you are drawn to more than one piece by the same artist, when you find several prints or paintings within the same color palette which you’d like to group together, or to display amazing photography in frames. You can group together wall art which is all the same size, or create real visual interest by grouping together art of varying sizes in one of many gallery layouts that you can find online. Whichever layout you decide on for your gallery wall, lay the artwork out on the floor first, measure the total groupings height and width and make sure it follows the same guidelines above for filling up your space. There are many online websites which can provide you with free downloadable gallery wall templates to guide you in your layouts.
- Just how tall do you think you are? – A close second in sizing mistakes to art being too small for the wall, is art being hung much too high! You need to think about this when determining the size of art to choose, any piece of art should be hung with the center point at eye-level. Not with the bottom edge 2 meters off of the floor on an otherwise blank wall. Again, don’t be afraid to fill up that space!
Art is an investment that can last a lifetime, it can make or break a room and is essential to a finished look. Now comes the fun part… explore artwork, and have a blast selecting a gorgeous piece of art that is the best fit for your home or office!